Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A good plan...

Every day I am more and more amazed by the attentiveness of my God. That He is aware of my needs and is planning and preparing my heart to receive the gifts that He has for me is humbling.

Today was my second home study visit. Before the visit,, I downloaded the application for a grant I was going to apply for. I've known about this grant for a year, but knew that I would not be eligible until my home study was completed. I asked my social worker if it would be possible that the home study be completed before the end of April in order to meet that deadline, but told her I understood completely if that could not be done. Of course, I told her it was necessary for the grant. The agency moved some things around to accommodate my second visit early, and move my third and final visit up. Today, when I downloaded the application I found that my memory, as usual, had done me a disservice, and that the grant application deadline was not 30 April but 13 April. Hey, I had the right month, right!? But, as they say (whomever they are), "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." Needless to say, I was disappointed, but not to the point of tears, because I still believe that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He will fund this adoption. So, I told some of my friends who must have begun praying for me immediately. A few hours later, at the home study visit, I let the social worker know that I would not need her to rush for the grant purposes because of my error with the deadline date. She looked at her calendar, counted on her fingers, and said there was no reason why she couldn't have the home study written by then! I told her I didn't want her to kill herself, to which she responded, "Jody! That's a [huge] grant!"

Our God is GOOD. All the time. He knows His plan for me... a good plan... a bright future... filled with hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) He is carrying me through this process and I feel like I am weightless. For that I give Him all the glory.

On the way home from picking up Jonah, I decided to give him a treat and stop at Rita's for water ice. We've been saving all of our money and have even cut out the once-a-week pizza night. I was feeling a little guilty- because I knew that I had no coupons and would be paying full price. Jonah and I stood in line waiting for the girl to create our treats and a woman behind me in line said, "Please, do me a favor and put away your bank card. I'd really like to buy your water ice for you today." We thanked her profusely and I went to my car with tears in my eyes. God knew I was worrying about spending extra money while I'm trying to fund raise. What a gift that was to say "I care about even the smallest things, my child."

In addition to such a delightful afternoon, I was able to clean out my car, get dinner for Jonah (yes, we had dessert first), and complete a few chores at home before sitting down to assist Branson Merrill with my "likes" and "dislikes" for the makeover of my blog. She's an angel who does beautiful work. My new logo is the work of her husband, Matt. Check out Branson's website: http://myreflectionofsomething.org .

So... in a nutshell, my home study will be finished by next week. My puzzle fund raiser is still active, so if you're interested in buying pieces, you will be able to donate through my "chip in" which can be found, for now, under the post "Chip In Activated!" Soon I will be hosting an online auction, and will be selling some other lovely items. Check back often!!

Thank you for following along with me. I love the company! I look forward to sharing with everyone as things progress!

8 comments:

  1. God is so good! So glad that things worked out for the grant deadline etc. SO happy about that. I will eventually get to those puzzle pieces. With having to move, and "buy out" of our lease plus new rent doubling on old etc. We are strapped this month. I DO want to help in a small way. It's gonna be a long month not being able to give at all. But we are trusting that God will provide our needs for the rest of the month, and adoption finances..As your post shows...He can do anything. He's got it all under control! LOVE the new look of the blog too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karly, please don't worry about it... I have a ways to go and plenty of time. Focus on what you need to bring home your own sweet little one. :) hang in there... It's a carbon copy of my journey thus far- so I understand what you are going through. :) thanks for following along. I really do love the company.

      Delete
  2. Love the new look! Very hip. I had emailed earlier...if you and Jonah do not have specific plans for Easter, feel free to stop in here. God IS good, ALL THE TIME. It may not feel like it at times, but He is always in control, and He is always good. So happy you are getting your homestudy done so quickly. Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. It certainly seems He is running the show right now. I love it! I really appreciate your support!! We are hosting Easter dinner on Sunday after church. Thank you for the invitation. We are also attending the Good Friday service on Fri night. Squeezing a t-ball practice n on Sat should keep things exciting. What are your plans during the day on Friday?

      Delete
  3. God is good...all the time.
    And all the time...God is good.
    The adoption journey is an emotional and a joyous one.
    One of my sisters and husband have now adopted 5; they are precious every one.
    I'm glad you are blogging about this, it's Oksana's history in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb, for your kindness and your help. It means so much that people care to see this little girl come home. We really are looking forward to showing her what it means to be loved, and others in the process!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I am enjoying reading! I heard a quote one time that has stock with me.

    "Mans free will never steps out of Gods will for our lives".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you stopped by... I like your blog (I just read a couple of entries) and I'm sure I will find all of your tips helpful. I am ready to start my first garden... Wish your family were my neighbors! Best of all are your tips for the soul. I like the way you blend your topics to let the love of Jesus shine. :) I would appreciate your prayers as my adoption journey progresses. Blessings to you! Stop by anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete